Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Return Of Weekend Psalms

Yes, this project has taken a lengthy hiatus. Actually, two lengthy hiati (I have a PhD, so I can make up words like that), but after an extensive review by our editorial team, we're bringing back Weekend Psalms. 

This project will relaunch on Friday, February 12, 2021. 

The plan is to blend new and legacy content, with the same goal--re-introducing God's people of the power of the Psalter, and using it as the starting point for personal prayer.  

This time, we're drawing from the open-sourced World English Bible, an update of the highly regarded 1901 American Standard Version (ASV). One of the unique features of the WEB is that the name of God, YHWH, is not changed to LORD (as in most English translations), but the more personal Yahweh. In addition, each Psalm will include a description of its genre or type. Also, we're not shying away from the Psalms of Lament or the Imprecatory Psalms: These are not cheerful or trendy, but we need them: They give us the vocabulary we need for crying out to God.

I am not a theologian. I'm just a guy, and way ordinary, at that.
As I like to put it, I love the Word of God, and I love the God of the Word

Check our our leadership podcast, on podcast clients everywhere. Just search for GreatRidge Station, subscribe, and invite your friends (and yes, GreatRidge is one word).

No comments:

Post a Comment

L. J. "Sam" Helgerson, PhD

I'm the Program Director for the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership at Bethel University Graduate School, and the Assistant Dean serving the CAPS-GS Business and Leadership Programs.

The opinions expressed in this blog are my sole responsibility, and may not represent those of Bethel University, its leadership, administration, faculty, staff, students, donors, and/or partners.

In addition, I serve as a church/ministry/organizational consultant with Great Ridge Group.

:: I believe that God's call on my life is to:
Equip - Delight - Exhort - Encourage ::

Pages